Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hot Wheels

Nolan:  Mom, look, this car says Hot Wheels!  
(moving on to another car)  
This one is not Hot Wheels, this one is Warm Wheels.

For Memorial Day, we had a barbecue with friends.  The kids had fun, the adults had fun, and I played a terrible game of badminton.  It was entertaining for all.

Brenden: (indicating which cereal he wants) I want the one with the fiction cow on it.

I was reading a paper Brenden wrote today and I guess I had a little too much excitement in my voice because Brenden re-read it in the appropriate tone and said, "It is not an exclamation..."

The thesaurus that ate my son:
Got milk?
(unfortunately, we lost some of the mustache in the fight for the photo - notice the tear running down his cheek)

4 comments:

Celeste said...

I can't believe he's reading a thesaurus! After reading your blog I feel like I need to go read a dictionary or some big book with long words in it. Your boys are so intelligent!

Alicia Jones said...

Now I'm curious, what cereal has the fiction cow on it?

The Boehme Family said...

After thinking about it, I think they were flavored straws for milk with a cartoon cow on the box. Maybe it was a fiction bear on cereal? Either way, it was a FICTION animal.

Marinda said...

The best pictures are the ones that are the hardest to get. I can understand the cute pose turning to tears! Ethan's milk mustache still turned out pretty cute.