Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hyper

Last night a neighbor boy showed up at our house and asked if Brenden could come to his birthday party.  I asked him when it was and he said 7:00 - it was 6:45.  So I sent Brenden down to his house with him.  Around 9:45, we decided we better go looking for him.  We found him at another neighbor's house.  As we walked up to the house, I could hear the neighbor boy yelling, "Brenden, your mom and dad are coming - HIDE!" 

Brenden was talking a million miles a minute and bounced all of the way home.  I finally asked him "What did you EAT at that party?"  He said, "Mountain Deeeeeeeew..." and Doug and I couldn't even let him finish we were laughing so hard at the bouncing and the drawn out deeeeew and the very hyper way he said it.  He then proceeded to say, "... and cake and ice cream... I had A LOT of SUGAR!"  Yeah, we could tell.

Doug and I have been very busy building this:
It has been so much fun!  No, seriously, I love it!  After a close-call with purchasing a used one from someone, I finally decided to load up the boys and make a quick up and back trip to Anchorage.  It is taking us forever to put together because Doug isn't even home until 8:00 at night.  If it weren't light all the time in Alaska I don't think we'd ever get it done.  I work on it during the day, but my helpers are usually less than helpful.  Brenden asked me several times yesterday, "Are you sure you're doing that right?  Is that how dad did it?" and finally he said, "Dad taught you how to build good!"  When asked to retrieve something, Brenden moves in slow motion.  We have been eaten alive by mosquitos.

We have had beautiful weather!  It was 70 the other day and the boys were complaining it was too hot.  I don't know if we're closer to the sun or something, but you literally feel like you're baking.  It's not hot weather, but the sun is hot on the skin!  And this is coming from a girl from Texas!

We are in the midst of all of our projects.  We have started about a million and a half of them (Doug really hates when I use superlatives like that - right now he'd say: Really?  A million and a half?).  They're all in progress and nothing is done.  We are moving the green house, trying to green-up our peat moss infested lawn, building a swing set, building shelves in the garage, and about a half a dozen (no superlative this time) other projects.  I hate that it's not done, but love working on them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are so funny when they're hyper. Let us know if you find anything that works really well for the moss. We've got a bit of a problem with that too in good ol' Oregano.

Amber said...

I'm so jealous. I wish we were working on house projects. Your boys will love the swingset. We had to leave ours in Idaho because our yard is the same size as our living room (no exaggeration).

Marinda said...

I am way jelous of that play set. That looks like a lot of fun. Maybe someday we can buy Josh something that cool. (I think I might even like it as much as he would!!)

Anonymous said...

LOL. Mt. Deeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww does that to me too. I can never drink anything like that without buzzing around.