Sunday, July 5, 2009

Oodles o' photos and a few videos too!

Swinging is FUN!
No, those aren't Nolan's real teeth!

Silly dinnertime pictures:
6/29/09:  Sometimes when we're all done eating, we like to sit around and take silly pictures or sing silly songs or just do silly things together.
Ethan sometimes tries to catch invisible bugs.  We think it's funny, which he thinks is funny.  I almost DARE you not to laugh at this kid:


Mama Moose and the Twins:

On Friday last week, it was very warm, so I took the boys down to swim in the lake.  Ethan had a good time until he fell face down in the water, over and over and over while trying to get out.  He never went back after that.  The other boys swam for quite a while and eventually their friends came and joined in.  Thanks great-grandma Williams for the new towels!  We came home and had lunch, got Ethan down for a nap, and put the sprinkler under the trampoline for some more wet fun.

Saturday we tiled the bathroom (YAY!) and then went to a fantastic 4th of July BBQ at our friend's house.  Boy do they know how to throw a party!  There was more food than anyone knew what to do with and they bought every outdoor toy or game imaginable.  The adults played wiffle ball - men against women.  I don't know who had that idea (ahem, Holly), but it was a bad one.  Eventually, the kids joined in and fortunately for us, Holly's 11 year old scored the most points for our team.  I didn't take my camera, so I don't have any photos other than the ones below that I stole from the Ley's facebook page.

Ethan ate more cupcakes than I could count.  Every time I turned around, he was licking the frosting off another cupcake.  No matter how many people thought they put them out of his reach, he always managed to find another.  Once the cupcakes were gone, he moved on to the chocolate chip cookies.  This was the very last one.
The one below I just couldn't NOT post.  Look at Ethan's face!  (And no, that's not Nolan, but it could be his butt-double.)
We were all sad again this year with no fireworks.  We heard some, but never saw a thing.  (I remind you - this is Alaska.  There is no darkness right now.)

Today we cleaned out our paddle boat to take it down to the lake.  I have been looking forward to it for a long time.  We paddled from the neighborhood boat launch around to our dock.  The boys loved paddling, but Doug and I eventually had to take over in order to make it home at a decent hour.  It may look like it's the middle of the day, but again I remind you, this is Alaska.
While cleaning out the boat, Ethan discovered what fun the hose was.  Check out the video - this is the "This is fun!" laughter.  Previously, it was evil laughter as he was getting away with squirting mom and dad and there was nothing we could do about it.


Also today, we saw Newman (our basset hound) had a small animal in his mouth.  We rushed to remove it, but too late.  We all witnessed a tiny bunny take his last labored breaths.  The boys were so sad and dug a small grave, buried the bunny, and placed flowers on the grave.  Brenden had immediately wanted to pray to heal the bunny.  He's so sweet and takes things like this very hard.

5 comments:

grant boehme said...

Are those boys cute or what!!!! My first comment to Grant was what happened to Nolan's teeth! Yes, I laughed through Ethan's whole video. Brenden you look like a pro paddling on your boat, you will have to take me for a ride. We are excited to come see you soon. Love, Gma and Gpa Boehme

Anonymous said...

Those were so great! Your kids are so adorable! I can't believe you guys have been up there for a year!

Abby said...

How does no darkness work when you put three little active boys to bed? I'm finding you are quite the supermom, so need I even question? But still...the prospect intimidates me. Looks like lots and lots of fun.

Ter said...

How dang cute that Ethan is... I could not stop laughing at the look on his face while the other boy is p'ing...how cute was that???

That paddle boat looks like loads of fun... how romantic it would be to just take a nice little ride around your lake...

cute photos...

Leacayoungart said...

Your pics always bring a smile to my face. =]