Thursday, January 1, 2009

What's to come in 2009...

Happy 2009! I don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions - they are just a set-up for breakage and disappointment. Doug especially likes to "fly be the seat of his pants" and never plans in advance. A New Year's Resolution would cramp his style. I typically make monthly resolutions, if not weekly, and break a lot of them. Good luck to anyone making a resolution - I hope you have the "stick-to-it-ivness" to make it through.

This morning as the boys were eating breakfast, I told them that I was going to take a shower, so if they needed me, that was where I would be. Brenden said, "Actually, you need to do a workout so you can be skinny. When we are done with Little Einsteins, you can watch a workout." I guess when your 5 year old notices, it really is time for the weight loss resolution to begin.

But then again, I'm not so sure I can trust everything Brenden says. For over a month now he has been telling me he needs a little sister and he thinks that next year (2009) he will get a little sister. I asked him where this little sister was coming from and he said my belly. Not so sure about that one...

No comments: