Monday, February 22, 2010

Still no authorization...

I found out on the 16th that it's NOT the audiologist who sends the authorization, it's the surgeon.  So I called down to Seattle and of course the lady I needed to talk to was out sick.  She called me back the next day to tell me that she would look into it and call me back.  Today, 6 days later, I finally called her back.  She said, "Oh, the system says the authorization is pending, so they must have sent it to your insurance."

So, for the 5th time, I called my insurance company and was, again, told there was no authorization in the system.  Then I called back and demanded to talk to whoever it was that was supposedly sending this authorization.  Of course he wouldn't be in until later - 11:30 to be exact.  I asked "Angela" to just re-fax it, so we could get the process moving, but she is convinced it is more important to see where the system is failing so they can correct the mistake.  Okay, but in the meantime, it would be nice if they would fax it and THEN figure out where the problem is.  So, I left a message with the person I spoke with and called the authorization man's direct line and left a message.

I gave him until 12:30 and called him again.  He never got either message.  He seemed baffled that insurance didn't have the information and wondered who told me that they didn't have it.  I gave him all 6 names and 5 dates I have called.  He said he'd look into it, but we all know that's an empty promise.  I'll call him at exactly 11:30 tomorrow.  Like I said, someday before he's headed out the door for college...

2 comments:

Alicia J said...

FRUSTRATING! I hope it all gets figured out soon.

Koren said...

And to think you used to get PAID to do this stuff!