Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cub Scouts

Monday night for Cub Scouts, the boys met at the fire station. Something like 50% of the dads are fire fighters, so it was fun to be there and be allowed to see the whole place. Nolan kept asking, "Can I ride a fire fighter?" He MEANT fire engine, but kept saying fire fighter instead. Finally, one dad (Matt) said, "I'll give you a piggy back..."

I wish I had my camera. The kids got to see ALL of the trucks (2 fire trucks, a water truck, the ambulance) and the boat, four wheelers and snow machines used for rescues. They took a ride in the fire truck and while all of the kids piled in, Brenden and Nolan got to sit up front with the driver. They had a contest to see who could get dressed up as a fire fighter the fastest, but it ended right as it was Brenden's turn. Nolan was totally bummed, but he put on a hat and coat afterward. I took a picture with my phone. I don't know how to get it OFF my phone, but if I figure it out, I'll let you know.

I painted my kitchen today - well, ONE wall. I keep promising pictures of my make-overs, but they are never quite done. The bathroom still has two things I am waiting to get done (and how long ago was THAT!?). The wall I painted will be done tomorrow or I'm gonna... I don't know... scream?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gotcha! Now I can read your blog too :)) Sounds like a fun time at the fire station!
I like your Halloween goodies, I missed seeing them there. We had already gotten our food I guess. I am glad to see I wasn't the only one making gross looking things!

Anonymous said...

Painting again huh? Does your yellow and black wall look like Nolan's transformer bumble bee? We are looking forward to seeing the finished product. Love Grandma and Grandpa Boehme