Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tustamena 200–year 3

For the third year in a row, we went to the Tustamena 200 dog sled race.  This year the start seemed much shorter than in the past.  We always start out a little ways down the trail and watch the dogs run past and then make our way to the starting line.  I kept telling Nolan to wait a little longer and we would go to the starting line.  Finally, I said, “After this one goes past, we’ll go.”  It was the last team.  By the time we made it to the race start line, it was almost deserted.  I felt really bad, but he seemed okay with it.

IMG_8049IMG_8056IMG_8094IMG_8107IMG_8149

IMG_8178

I felt terrible for this poor guy.  One of his dog stopped to poop and then the other dogs got tangled and then they tried to take off with the sled without him.

Ethan didn’t want to take pictures, he just wanted to watch the snow machines.

IMG_8187IMG_8198IMG_8214IMG_8224IMG_8225

Then we drove around town and checked out some of the ice carvings.  We didn’t make it to see all of them, so we’ll have to head back soon.

Dairy QueenIMG_8255Dentist’s OfficeIMG_8274IMG_8288IMG_8300IMG_8291Surf’s Up penquinIMG_8306Leprechaun IMG_8326IMG_8331IMG_8338

By this time, the kids were too hungry to see anything else, so we went in search of food.

When we got home, the kids just wanted to snow machine.

IMG_6497

Friday night we went to Nolan’s school Family Night. 

IMG_6478

Sometime during the evening, we discovered that Cameron had a fever.  We gave him some medicine and Doug brought him home.  He slept great that night, so we still took him out for the day on Saturday.  When we arrived at the T200, I fed him and he promptly puked all over me and our car.  You can tell from most of the pictures that he didn’t feel well.  He didn’t eat much all day.  We are home from church today and hoping he feels better soon.

3 comments:

Emily Hurtado said...

Halle had 4 questions:
Where was she in those videos of them snow machining?
THEY CAN DRIVE?!?!
Can they drive a car??
She wonders if Nolan's leg is doing okay.
Love all the videos and pictures. You are doing very well at keeping your new years resolution of blogging more.

Abby said...

You are such a fun and adventurous mom! I feel cold and lazy looking at all you do! Lucky boys.

Anonymous said...

hey dudes,
The sledding looks like fun to me. Hopefully the snow doesn't melt too fast. We are just doing school right now and working pretty lame hu? I will be a certified phlebotomist in like three more weeks so I guess that is one more good thing to through on a new application this summer since we most likely wont get in this coming fall. Kirsten is trying to work out her talent with fondent for a cake for our ward valentines activity. She made one last week for her niece and it took like four days and a lot of powdered sugar. Hopefully the second round goes better. Paxton is screaming right now because he doesn't want to go to bed. With my homework I wish I had his problem. I keep telling Kirsten we need to update our blog, but she...I mean we never get it done. So Next Sunday maybe I'll get it looked at. Check you guys later