Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Concert

Oh, I'm sorry, I suppose that should say Holiday Concert, but I refuse to call it that.  Ok, they did include a Hanukkah song.  Brenden brought home a paper from school that said he needed to wear his "Holiday Best."  I told him that meant his suit and we fought over it for about a week.  The day of the concert, Brenden wore a polo shirt to school and came home and told me that it would be fine to wear because it had buttons on it.  Nope.  Then he tried to convince me a button up shirt would be perfect.  When I said no to that, he was sure a sweater was the answer.  In the end, I dragged him to his room and personally dressed him in his suit.

Ethan waiting

Nolan waiting

Doug and Gavin (who could be mistaken for Nolan) waiting

Actually, the other day Gavin and Nolan were mistaken for being the same person.  We went to the swimming pool and were waiting in line for the slide.  I had Ethan with me and Tiffany had Gavin.  Gavin can't go down by himself because he is too short (we stood him up next to the height indicator).  The next time around, I had Nolan with me and I stood him in front of the height thing and the girl who runs the slide said, "Wait, is that the same kid?" because he was suddenly about six inches taller and that meant tall enough to go all by himself.  But, back to the original purpose of the post...  Christmas concert.
Brenden is in the middle row between the other boy in the suit and the girl in the black and white dress.

Brenden sang "Hanukkah Lights" with a small group of kids.

They performed The 12 Alaskan Days.
Brenden was "Four Flying Eagles."

I don't know how to put videos on with the new blogger formatting without also having to upload them to YouTube, so I'll have to work on that.  Brenden was awful cute.  Quite a few of our friend's kids were in the program as well.  So, friends, I have pictures of your kids if you want any of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Boehme says: Brenden you are such a handsome dude in your suit. We love you.

Emily Hurtado said...

That girl wearing the dress with the black top and red bottom - that's Halle Christmas dress too. Brenden is a very handsome guy. I can't wait to see you all in a few months hopefully.

Koren said...

It appears Brenden could have worn his PJ's and fit in just fine. BUT, with that said, he looks great and you should be proud.