Wednesday, August 27, 2008


Well, after being so proud of myself yesterday for being on-time 2 days in a row, I woke up at 6:16 today.  Seminary starts at 6:30.  I threw on a jean skirt and a shirt and ran out the door.  I pulled into the parking lot at 6:29 by my clock, breaking every driving law along the way.  Luckily, my classroom clock said 6:26 still, so I was not late.  I have really pushed the kids to be on-time and make them sign in what time they arrived.  Today we made a deal though - for every day I am late, they get a free late day.  Hopefully tomorrow will be less hectic.

Ethan is sure growing up.  He has a new fake laugh with a little pout.  It is hilarious.  He also likes to pretend to blow his nose with baby wipes.  I told Doug we need to get a video to post - it is just too cute.

I guess Newman likes the family down the street better than ours now (the ones who take him home).  He slept outside their front door all night last night and didn't come home today until those boys were off to school.  I give up chasing him down.  He came home with his tail between his legs and refused to come in the house like he knew he was in trouble.

Monday was Brenden's first full day of school - last week was 1/2 days.  He decided he wanted to buy lunch, so I put $2.75 in a little sandwich bag in his backpack.  Last week sometime, I paid $60 for the year so he could eat whenever we didn't have time to make lunch or whatever, but I thought he would like to pay for his own lunch and it would make him feel so responsible.  So, then Monday evening he told me all about buying his lunch, but decided he wanted to take his lunch Tuesday.  Tuesday morning was hectic and I forgot to make him lunch.  Doug had to be to work early, so he dropped Bren off at the bus stop on his way.  I guess when Brenden got to school, he realized he had no money and no lunch and thought for sure he was going to starve.  He cried.  I felt terrible.  I am usually really good about letting him know exactly what his day will hold and I was in such a hurry to get Doug and Bren out the door that I totally forgot.


Anonymous said...

So------did he starve or did someone save him with your $60 reserve?

The Boehme Family said...

He did not starve, they fed him just like every other kid. I am not really sure how it all happened, but he says his teacher sent him to lunch with some sort of note. Maybe I am confused about how the lunch thing works.

Even if there is no "reserve" and the kid has no lunch, they give them a sandwich and you have to send $1 the next day. Their menu says, "No child will go hungry." Good to know.

Tomorrow is spaghetti and bread stick day. He loves both of those things, so he is buying lunch. I guess now is the opportunity to talk to him about the lunch money the school already has.

JoLynne said...

I have been trying to figure out when to pay for hot lunches to love the "newness" of kids starting school-also, very impressive that Brenden rides the bus. I know I have to become brave at some point but right now I am afraid of bus bullies.