Monday, March 2, 2009

Monsters

As I was sitting at my computer reading, Brenden came in and said:
Brenden: Mom, what are you doing?
Me: Reading
Brenden: Why?
Me: (shrug)
Brenden: Are you reading about vampires and werewolves again?
Me: (sheepishly) Yes... (while wondering how did he make that connection since I am on the computer and not reading THE book with the black cover?)
Brenden: Mom, you shouldn't have even started that...  
Me: (blink, blink)
Brenden: There are other monsters, you know... like frankenstein.
Doug found it especially humorous that Brenden is encouraging me to expand my horizons.

We seem to have a new friend in the neighborhood.  The same moose, and sometimes his mom, have been hanging out at our house and at our property across the street.  A few days ago, I snapped some pictures of the moose right outside my bedroom window (where there is a fresh pile of poop).  I could have reached my hand out and touched his hiney.  This morning Brenden knocked on the window until the moose ran away and then reprimanded me for not getting a picture.  This afternoon Brenden pointed out that the moose was in the front yard, so before I even peeked, I grabbed the camera and yelled for Doug to come check it out.  The moose had it's head touching our deck, while munching on some delicious twigs.  I think we lost a few feet of bush and tree today.  Doug took 75 pictures, while standing only feet from said moose.  I won't subject you to ALL of them, only a few.



Look at those eyelashes!
Although I'm not thrilled she is eating my tree.
Nolan and I ran through the house to catch a glimpse out my bedroom window:

3 comments:

Celeste said...

don't look now, but I think you have a very serious case of meeseitiss!!!!

Nolo and Lauren said...

love all the pictures... my new neighbor is just a pigeon. btw, have you heard anything about the volcano?

Anonymous said...

BTW, that comment was from Jeremy. You know, don't want to take credit for the originality of the vocabulary...