Friday, August 22, 2008

Hilarious

Yesterday one of the links on AOL's homepage took me to "10 dumbest laws in America."  I laughed out loud at this one:

Texas: A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

The others:
-Georgia: Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.  Well, where else am I supposed to keep him?
-Nebraska: If a child burps during church, his parent may be arrested.  Uh...my fault?
-Illinois: You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person.  I can't tell you how many times I would have been arrested by now!
-Wisconsin: Margarine may not be substituted for butter in restaurants unless it is requested by the customer.
-California: Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.  No, Fido, No!  A tavern?  Come on - PEOPLE do that.
-Florida: A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.  If I weren't married I would be there breaking that law right now, okay, 2 days from now.
-Virginia: Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.  Why not just say, "Halloween shall not be celebrated?"
-Colorado: It is illegal to ride a horse while under the influence.  Partially understandable, I guess.
-Nevada: It is illegal to drive a camel on the highway.  Dang, and that was my sole form of transportation.  Guess we'll take the side roads.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this way of keeping in touch with you, think I will have to start my own. I read your blogs aloud to the fam, I laugh out loud each time! Jamie