Thursday, August 21, 2008

Neighbors

You know, I moved to Alaska to not have neighbors so close.  We were mostly successful except those three little boys I keep mentioning.  Currently, they are out on my lawn with every outdoor toy we own on the lawn (yes, including the winter ones).  One little boy is trying to sled.

Two days ago I came home to find they had let the dogs out of the make-shift fence Grant made while he was here to keep the dogs home.  Yesterday, the boys abducted Nolan (and Cosmo and Newman) and took him home with them.  I immediately called for fence estimates.  Doug says he will build one, but that project falls somewhere in a large line of projects.  That is not to say that Doug doesn't DO them, just that he is never home TO DO them.  Now I am waiting for a painful glimpse at the estimate.  Luckily, most of the way around our yard is pretty thickly wooded, so we should not have to fence (although I am quite sure those little boys would trudge their way through).  Right now they are concerned because they can't find their dog.  I kinda wish I could take credit for that.  Sigh...

4 comments:

jaordyna said...

Hillarious! I can taste the spite...

Very entertaining blog. Love the title!

Landon and Mandi said...

Have you seen any parents, yet???

The Boehme Family said...

Saw the dad drop the oldest off at the bus stop today. The younger two go to a different school because our elementary school has too much work (my guess...the parents don't want to help with the 10 min of homework per night). At least the dad didn't make the poor little kid walk all the way to the bus stop by himself. I didn't talk to him though. He stayed in the car.

Anonymous said...

I have Mandi's same question, have you found the parents yet? Jamie