Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Seward and the Kenai Fjords

On July 10, we got BACK in the car (after about 8 hours the day before) and drove to Seward to see the Kenai Fjords.
Brenden and Grandpa have deep conversations
Nolan's ready to go!
Unfortunately, it was really foggy, so the scenery wasn't superb.
Dad and Mom in front of Aialik glacier.
We saw tons of whales!
A mom and her calf
What you can't see are the birds hiding
Puffin
Sea Lion
Murres - but I think they look like penguins
Seal
HEAVY!
Mountain Lion
Vicious!

It was a fun afternoon other than the lady who refused to move out of the way so the kids could see the animals. In her words: She paid just as much as they did, why should they get a front row seat!? My answer: Uh... cause they're SHORTER THAN YOU!?

1 comment:

Ter said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOh my goodness, I think I would of said a little more than that... wow!!! your trip looked so fun...